I am a postdoc at the Swiss Center for Affective Sciences and Department of Philosophy, University of Geneva. I work in epistemology and metaethics (with a strong interest in the philosophy of language). The focus of my current research project is on epistemic justification of emotions within a knowledge-first framework (see here for more). I am also completing a manuscript on normative reasons. And I’ve recently obtained a research grant from the Swiss National Science Foundation to work on graded notions in epistemology (e.g. degrees of belief, graded justification, rationality), starting from February 2020 at the University of Zurich.
- Two-State Solution to the Lottery Paradox, Philosophical Studies, forthcoming; penultimate draft (PDF), the published version is here;
- Normative Reasons Without (Good) Reasoning, Ethics, forthcoming; https://doi.org/10.1086/705765
- Subjective Unpossessed Reasons, Thought: A Journal of Philosophy, 7: 262-270, 2018, doi:10.1002/tht3.395; PDF; link to publication.
- Common Sense and Evidence: Some Neglected Arguments in Favour of E=K. Theoria, 83 (2): 120–137, 2017, doi:10.1111/theo.12111; PDF; link to publication.
- Save the children! Analysis 2016; 76 (4): 418-422. doi: 10.1093/analys/anw051; PDF; link to publication.
- The problem of massive deception for justification norms of action. Acta Analytica, 29(4): 457-468, 2014, doi: 10.1007/s12136-014-0220-1; PDF; link to publication.
- (Book Review) Review of M.McBride, Basic Knowledge and Conditions on Knowledge, dialectica, forthcoming.
- (General Audience) Why won’t scientific evidence change the minds of Loch Ness monster true believers?, The Conversation, June 6, 2018;
Publications (Full List)